Thursday 29 September 2016

NFL Predictions 2016: Week 4

Last Week: 7-9
Overall: 18-30

I'm improving? Every week I think I'm getting a better grasp on who teams really are. There are a group of roughly 7 teams who are the clear teams to beat, with no single team standing out a ton yet (other than the Patriots but I'm still waiting for Tom to return). Then there is a group of 15ish teams that are inconsistent to say the least. I've fallen trap to a lot of teams here, and they bring it one week and get flat out outplayed the next (*cough* Washington, Buffalo Tampa Bay, Oakland *cough*). Finally there are the teams that just suck. At least right now. Some are talented teams playing like crap, others are horribly coached, and others are weak rosters playing their asses off. So, lets see who proves me wrong this week.

Miami Dolphins @ Cincinnati Bengals (CIN -7.5) -> Miami Dolphins
Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars (London game) (IND -2.5) -> Indianapolis Colts
Cleveland Browns @ Washington Redskins (WAS -8) -> Washington Redskins
Buffalo Bills @ New England Patriots (NE -6) -> New England Patriots
Seattle Seahawks @ New York Jets (SEA -2.5) -> New York Jets
Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons (CAR -3) -> Carolina Panthers
Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears (DET -3) -> Detroit Lions
Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans (HOU -4.5) -> Houston Texans
Oakland Raiders @ Baltimore Ravens (BAL -3.5) -> Oakland Raiders
Denver Broncos @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (DEN -3) -> Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys @ San Fransisco 49ers (DAL -2.5) -> Dallas Cowboys
New Orleans Saints @ San Diego Chargers (SD -4) -> New Orleans Saints
Los Angeles Rams @ Arizona Cardinals (ARI -8) -> Arizona Cardinals
Kansas City Chiefs @ Pittsburgh Steelers (PIT -5) -> Kansas City Chiefs
New York Giants @ Minnesota Vikings (MIN -5) -> Minnesota Vikings

A couple notes...
- The Bengals in primetime or Miami on the road... Damn. This is not a good way to start the week. I like the way Gase is coaching this team though, and I mean, it's been 5+ years and I just still do not believe in Andy Dalton. Oh well. Cinci is the more talented team, but 7.5 is a big spread on a short week where anything can happen. AJ Green should have a monster game though. Like enormous.
- It seems like whenever there is football in London, a coach gets fired. To be honest I'm not even a hundred percent sure a coach has gotten fired after the London game, but man oh man I have a bad feeling this week for Gus Bradley. I love the Jags roster, I've bet on them each of the last two weeks, but this team has not performed close to offseason expectations. If Andrew Luck has a decent game, it could be the end of the Gus Bradley era in Jacksonville.
- I AM NOT BETTING AGAINST BELICHICK THIS WEEK. My instincts even tell me to go for Buffalo. They brought a storm last week vs. Arizona, and Rex seems to play BB hard, and the Pats might be starting Julian Fucking Edelman at QB, but damn it's Bill Belichick. I can't do it anymore. He's too good.
- I realize I'm going with a ton of road teams this week, and I'm prepared for the downfall of this, but the games just fell that way. I'm not betting for Chicago, San Fran or Tampa Bay after the last couple weeks, especially considering who they are all going up against. I also expect big bounce back weeks from Carolina and Arizona.
- Minnesota might be the best team in the NFL. I cannot believe I'm writing this sentence after they lost Teddy Bridgewater and Adrian Peterson, but it's true. I've always been a big believer in this defense. The depth at edge and the creative ways Mike Zimmer brings pressure on opposing QB's, and then they have an incredible group of linebackers and a great secondary headed by the best safety in the league (you heard me) Harrison Smith. This team is basically the Denver Broncos but with Sam BRadford instead of Trevor Siemian. I think at the top of the NFL, it is the Pats, Vikings, Green Bay (permitted Aaron Rodgers is at least solid by his standards), Denver and Seattle (permitted Wilson can stay healthy and the offense can be okay). The rest of the teams I have serious questions about. Although Carolina is close to this group, and if Carson Palmer bounces back then Arizona is right there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment