Thursday 24 September 2015

NFL Predictions: Week 3

Last week was much better as we left with a 7-9 record, but there is still a lot to be desired. I hit a huge upset in the Jacksonville Jaguars/Miami Dolphins game, and my lock of the week stood strong as the Packers overcame the Seahawks. My notes and outlook for the week were much better than my record shows, but we can hopefully build off of that to a winning record for this week.
Last Week: 7-9
Total: 11-21

Washington Redskins @ New York Giants (NYG -3.5) -> New York Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers @ St. Louis Rams (PIT -1.5) -> Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers @ Minnesota Vikings (MIN -2.5) -> Minnesota Vikings
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Houston Texans (HOU -6.5) -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Jets (NYJ -2) -> Philadelphia Eagles
New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers (-6.5) -> New Orleans Saints
Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots (-13.5) -> Jacksonville Jaguars
Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens (BAL -2.5) -> Baltimore Ravens
Oakland Raiders @ Cleveland Browns (CLE -3.5) -> Oakland Raiders
Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans (IND -3) -> Indianapolis Colts
Atlanta Falcons @ Dallas Cowboys (ATL -1.5) -> Atlanta Falcons
San Francisco 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals (ARI -6.5) -> Arizona Cardinals
Chicago Bears @ Seattle Seahawks (SEA -14.5) -> Seattle Seahawks
Buffalo Bills @ Miami Dolphins (MIA -3) -> Buffalo Bills
Denver Broncos @ Detroit Lions (DEN -3) -> Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs @ Green Bay Packers (GB -6.5) -> Green Bay Packers

A couple notes...
- I have Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, and the Saints all covering the spread, but I still have all three of these teams losing.
- Lock of the Week: Seattle Seahawks. The spread they have is absolutely ridiculous, and even though I think it's more likely the Cardinals or Atlanta Falcons hit their spread, this matchup is just too perfect. The Seahawks have their home opener, with Kam Chancellor back, against the Chicago Bears, arguably one of the worst teams in the NFL. This game would be a disappointment for Seattle if it isn't a blowout.
- Upset of the Week: Philadelphia Eagles. I am going down with this ship. I still believe Chip Kelly is a good coach, and I like what he did this offseason. The Jets are a really tough team and this is more of a gut call than anything, but the Eagles should step up this week, and I predict a big impact from their running game, even against this incredible Jets defensive line.
- Another Packers game at home, should be a solid bet, but Kansas City is a good team, and they have a very good defense.
- Bills vs. Dolphins should be a great game this week, but Buffalo has been flat out outplaying Miami so far this season, and I think Buffalo comes away 2-1 from this.
- Cleveland vs. Oakland is an interesting game, mainly because McCown is playing. I have not been shy about my feelings toward McCown, and I think this will be the game where he officially loses his job to Manziel, as I think Oakland will beat up on Cleveland.
- Another great game should be Cincinnati @ Baltimore. The Ravens are 0-2, the Bengals are 2-0, out of pure desperation I have the Ravens winning this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment