Thursday 17 September 2015

NFL Predictions: Week 2

Well... According to the Vegas odds (that's what I'm going by, I'll make it more clear this week) I'm 4-12 in week 1. Damn do I suck. Hopefully this week will be better.

Denver Broncos @ Kansas City Chiefs (KC -3) -> Kansas City Chiefs
New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills (NE -1) -> New England Patriots
Houston Texans @ Carolina Panthers (CAR -3) -> Houston Texans
Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears (ARI -1.5) -> Arizona Cardinals
San Diego Chargers @ Cincinnati Bengals (CIN -3) -> San Diego Chargers
Tennessee Titans @ Cleveland Browns (TEN -1) -> Tennessee Titans
Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings (MIN -2.5) -> Minnesota Vikings
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints (NO -10) -> New Orleans Saints
San Fransisco 49ers @ Pittsburgh Steelers (PIT -6) -> Pittsburgh Steelers
St. Louis Rams @ Washington Redskins (STL -3.5) -> St. Louis Rams
Atlanta Falcons @ New York Giants (NYG -2.5) -> Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens @ Oakland Raiders (BAL -6) -> Baltimore Ravens
Miami Dolphins @ Jacksonville Jaguars (MIA -6) -> Jacksonville Jaguars
Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles (PHI -5) -> Philadelphia Eagles
Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers (GB -3.5) -> Green Bay Packers
New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts (IND -7) -> Indianapolis Colts

A couple notes...
- I'm picking the Minnesota Vikings, Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles all because I predict them to show a sense of urgency and come out attacking. They all had less then ideal starts to their respective seasons, and I think that they should all bounce back well because they are all very good teams.
- Lock of the Week: Green Bay Packers. This isn't a shot at Seattle, but Aaron Rodgers was once again magnificent last week (nobody seems to be talking about it) and he hasn't lost a home game since week 1... of 2012. Packers at Lambeau Field is virtually a lock every single week.
- Denver and Kansas City should be a terrific game regardless of the score. I'm just going to enjoy that one, but I still do think KC comes out on top at Arrowhead.
- Upset of the Week: Jacksonville Jaguars beat the Miami Dolphins. Yes, I said beat them. Week one was rough for both of these teams (even though Miami still came out on top), but I still believe in the Jaguars. I think Blake Bortles is going to take a huge step forward this season, and I predict Gus Bradley to just out-coach Joe Philbin.

No comments:

Post a Comment