Thursday 10 December 2015

NFL Predictions: Week 14

Damn... A few bad weeks have caught up to me, and I'm below .500 once again. Nothing comes easy in football, and apparently that holds true with predicting football too. Close predictions with the Giants and Miami would have left me .500 if I won them both, but that's how it goes. Hopefully I'm in for a better week. On the bright side though, holy hell what an amazing finish on Thursday Night Football last week!
Last Week: 6-10
Overall: 91-95-6

Minnesota Vikings @ Arizona Cardinals (ARI -10) -> Arizona Cardinals
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals (CIN -2.5) -> Pittsburgh Steelers
Buffalo Bills @ Philadelphia Eagles (BUF -1) -> Buffalo Bills
Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers (CAR -8.5) -> Carolina Panthers
San Fransisco 49ers @ Cleveland Browns (CLE -1.5) -> San Fransisco 49ers
Washington Redskins @ Chicago Bears (CHI -3.5) -> Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions @ St. Louis Rams (DET -2.5) -> Detroit Lions
San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs (KC -10) -> Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (TB -4) -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars (JAX -1) -> Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans @ New York Jets (NYJ -7) -> Tennessee Titans
New England Patriots @ Houston Texans (NE -3.5) -> New England Patriots
Oakland Raiders @ Denver Broncos (DEN -7.5) -> Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys @ Green Bay Packers (GB -7) -> Green Bay Packers
Seattle Seahawks @ Baltimore Ravens (SEA -10) -> Seattle Seahawks
New York Giants @ Miami Dolphins (NYG -1) -> New York Giants

A couple notes...
- Unless the spread is absolutely insane, I'm going with the Panthers the rest of the season. I think this team has a great shot at 16-0, and frankly I want to see it happen. Facing New Orleans on the road should be there toughest game for the rest of the season (I know, crazy soft schedule to end a year), and facing Atlanta 2 times, along with Tampa Bay and the Giants once is a winnable schedule for the best team in football now. Give me the Panthers.
- Lock of the Week: Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers. This is a really boring pick, but Carolina is a great football team and Atlanta right now is not a good football team. No need to complicate things, this is the state of these two teams.
- Upset of the Week: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals. I took a flyer on the Colts against the Steelers as they were playing really well going into last week. Then the Steelers decimated them in all facets of the game. Give me the Steelers as the underdogs as I don't think anybody can stop their offense right now. Big Ben is so hot right now... (queue Will Ferrell Zoolander meme)
- Speaking of that Pittsburgh/Indianapolis game last week, give me the Jags. As long as Luck is out, this is a flawed team. Sure they'll have their fair share of decent performances, but the inconsistency is to much for me to bet on them upsetting a very good Jags offense right now (their defense is another story).
- Non-picks related, the Bills/Eagles game is going to have huge implications on the playoff picture in the NFL. Should be a must watch this week, even if both teams have been very inconsistent this year.
- I finally got a Green Bay pick right, but I probably shouldn't have. That was an insane win, and looking at the big picture, it wasn't a great team performance considering how they started. Nevertheless, they should still be able to handily beat a Dallas team without Romo at home; I don't care that Dallas just beat Washington either.
- There's a reason I'm always so tentative choosing Washington to win and it's because they are so damn inconsistent. Any given week they can beat a good team or lose to a bad team, it's basically a coin flip.
- This Thursday night is a game between two good teams, but Minnesota is really hurting. Missing the best player on all three levels of their defense will cripple their ability to stop Arizona's potent offense. I do wish the spread was a little lower, but either way I'm taking Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment