Monday 8 June 2015

NFC East Breakout Candidates 2015

Dallas Cowboys

Darren McFadden, RB: The obvious choice is a Cowboys running back. From what I have seen, the majority of people either think Randle is better, or he will get the bulk of the work. I disagree. I think if Run DMC is healthy, he will get the bulk of the carries and he is the better running back. I'm not ignoring the tape though, as I do believe McFadden isn't anything more than an inconsistent, but talented back. This is more about the situation he is in, as he's in the perfect offense to utilize his talents and he is behind a behemoth of an offensive line. I'm predicting 900 yards and 7 touchdowns barring injury.

Washington

Robert Griffin III, QB: How naive am I? I don't think Griffin is going to be a star next year, but I do think he will be a good NFL QB. His offensive line with Scherff should be substantially better, and he is another year further removed from his ACL tear. As porous as Washington's defense is, their offense still has talent. Alfred Morris, Pierre Garçon and DeSean Jackson are all very talented players, and can help RGIII succeed. The key for Griffin once again is health. If he is healthy, he can be very good. I'm predicting 3,400 yards, 22 passing touchdowns, 8 interceptions and 4 rushing touchdowns too.

New York Giants

Prince Amukamara, CB: Don't get me wrong, Prince is already a very good cornerback, but he will become a star this year. He was one his way to stardom last season, but he tore his bicep and was out for half the season. Amukamara is physical, fast, has good technique and he has the ball skills too. Alongside Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, he will thrive. The Giants defense is young, but they have talent, and he should step up big for them in 2015. I'm predicting 5 interceptions for Prince, and for him to be able to blanket good receivers.

Philadelphia Eagles

Zach Ertz, TE: Sam Bradford will "breakout" if he stays healthy too, but I went with Ertz because I still love his pass catching ability and Bradford is the best quarterback he has ever had. The Eagles offense will be explosive with Chip Kelly running it, and there will be more targets to have after the Eagles lost Maclin in free agency. Bradford has also never worked with a tight end as talented as Ertz, and he will be a perfect player for him to stretch the seam. I'm predicting 800 yards, and 7 touchdowns for Zach Ertz.

No comments:

Post a Comment